Friday 5 October 2018

Creating videos using whiteboard apps

Some of our tutors wanted to try creating videos while drawing diagrams. So we are looking at Lightboard type video creation in the future. But as a quick solution I was looking at different apps available on iPad which would allow something similar but of course only capturing the whiteboard.
Writing on a whiteboard
Explain Everything was the first app I tried. However, it only gave me option for limited time free trial. So I moved on to see what other apps were available.

I then tried Doceri which did offer me the opportunity to create a free account without a time limit. You can select the resolution I selected the optimised one for iPad screen. It also allowed me to download my creation. However, need to pay if you want to remove the watermark. This is my Doceri creation - Using Doceri App on iPad Quick Demo.

Next I tried ShowMe. Out of the two apps I liked ShowMe but it does not allow you to download or privately save your creation with a free account. Here you can see my Demo of ShowMe app on iPad.

Despite the recommendations I received about Explain Everything I didn't feel I wanted to register and try out a tool that gave me only 14 days of free trial. On the other hand even though ShowMe did not allow me to download my creation I liked that app the best I think it is because I didn't like the frame used in Doceri at all.

There are so many tools out there - many apps. But you have to invest the time to go explore.

No comments:

Post a Comment